The fourth episode of WWE’s 50 Greatest Tag Team Countdown premiered today on Peacock/WWE Network.
Since there might be some confusion if I don’t explain it again, here were the ground rules explained in the opening episode.
It was made clear by the hosts (Tyler Breeze and Fandango) that they will be ranking WWE tag teams over the last 50 years, so as much as they like WCW tag teams like Harlem Heat and the Hollywood Blonds, they won’t be on the list. The way the list was ranked was by looking at the title reigns, the longevity and the cultural impact they had. They encouraged fans to talk about the list using the hashtag #WWE50GreatestTagTeams as well.
Here were the rankings after the first episode.
50. The Bushwhackers (Butch & Luke)
49. Too Cool (Grandmaster Sexay & Scotty 2 Hotty)
48. The Quebecers (Jacques & Pierre)
47. Smoking Gunns (Billy & Bart Gunn)
46. Strikeforce (Tito Santana & Rick Martel)
45. The Headshrinkers (Samu & Fatu)
44. Kane & X-Pac
43. Batista & Ric Flair
42. MNM (Johnny Nitro & Joey Mercury with Melina)
41. Nasty Boys (Brian Knobs & Jerry Sags)
40. Rated RKO (Randy Orton & Edge)
39. Paul London and Brian Kendrick
38. DIY (Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano)
37. World’s Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas)
36. Money Inc. (Ted Dibiase & Irwin R. Schyster)
Here’s the countdown from #35 to #21 that aired in part two:
35. Jeri-Show (Chris Jericho & Big Show)
34. The Natural Disasters (Earthquake & Tugboat/Typhoon)
33. The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
32. The Brisco Brothers (Jack & Gerald Brisco)
31. Harper & Rowan
30. Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
29. The Miz & John Morrison
28. The Bar (Cesaro & Sheamus)
27. Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan & Kane)
26. Nikolai Volkoff & The Iron Sheik
25. Los Guerreros (Eddie & Chavo Guerrero)
24. The APA (Bradshaw & Faarooq)
23. The Blackjacks (Blackjack Lanza & Blackjack Mulligan)
22. The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose)
21. D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels & Triple H)
Now we move on to part three covering spots #20 to #11.
20. The Undisputed Era (Kyle O’Reilly, Bobby Fish, Roderick Strong, Adam Cole)
19. The Soul Patrol (Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas)
18. Mr. Fuji & Toru Tanaka
17. The Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott Steiner)
16. The Rock ‘n’ Sock Connection (The Rock & Mick Foley/Mankind)
15. The Wild Samoans (Afa & Sika)
14. The Rockers (Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty)
13. The Mega Powers (Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage)
12. The Valiant Brothers (Jimmy & Johnny Valiant)
11. Demolition (Ax & Smash)
Five more teams were revealed in the countdown today.
10. The British Bulldogs (Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith)
9. The Brothers of Destruction (The Undertaker & Kane)
8. The New Age Outlaws (Billy Gunn & Road Dogg)
7. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)
6. The Legion of Doom (Hawk & Animal)
The final five teams in some order will be The New Day, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boyz, The Hart Foundation and Edge & Christian. We will found out the order next Wednesday.
TJR Thoughts: I think the order is pretty good here although I think Brothers of Destruction are too high. You could say LOD deserves to be in the top five, but since it’s only counting WWE then I understand where they are placed. I really don’t mind the order at all.