With AEW Grand Slam Rampage following Dynamite in Arthur Ashe Stadium, here are the full results for the show that will air on Friday, September 23rd.
AEW Grand Slam Dynamite was a huge night for the company as Jon Moxley managed to overcome his Blackpool Combat Club colleague Bryan Danielson to become the first three-time AEW World Champion.
There was also a huge night for The Acclaimed as the home-grown tag team defeated Swerve In Our Glory in a rematch from All Out to become AEW World Tag Team Champions.
It was far from a perfect night for the Blackpool Combat Club despite Moxley’s win as Claudio Castagnoli lost his ROH World Championship to Chris Jericho.
The full set of results for AEW Grand Slam Rampage can be found below (courtesy of Figure Four Online):
- Darby Allin & Sting def Brody King & Buddy Matthews. The finish of the match came with Matthews about to attack Sting with his bat. The lights went out and The Great Muta made a shock appearance spraying mist on Matthews, sending the star into Julia Hart who fell onto a table. Sting and Muta embraced after the match.
- Hook & Action Bronson def Matt Menard & Angelo Parker. Hook scored the win with Red Rum on both men.
- Jade Cargill def Diamante to retain the TBS Championship. Trina turned on Diamante to shake hands with Cargill.
- Samoa Joe & Wardlow def Tony Nese & Josh Woods. Joe pinned Nese to pick up the win. After the match, Woods and Nese attacked Joe before Wardlow made the save laying out Mark Sterling in the process.
- Jungle Boy def Rey Fenix. Christian Cage came out after the match wearing a sling as Luchasaurus attacked Jungle Boy from behind.
- Jericho Appreciation Society ‘Appreciation Event’ confirmed for Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara def Eddie Kingston. Guevara cut a promo before the match saying he’s sorry…sorry he didn’t call Kingston “a fat piece of sh*t” sooner. Kingston hit Guevara with three back fists, then submitted Guevara for the win. However, he refused to let go of the hold, so the referee overturned the match. Kingston ended up destroying security after that decision.
- Hangman Adam Page wins Golden Ticket Battle Royal to become the number one contender for the AEW World Championship. The match will take place on the October 18th edition of Dynamite.
- Ricky Starks def Powerhouse Hobbs in a Lights Out Match.