WWE Smackdown Preview For April 7th Including Triple H’s Role
Several matches have been announced for the April 7th edition of WWE Smackdown along with some interesting backstage notes as well.
It’s a big Good Friday edition of WWE Friday Night Smackdown tonight in Portland. Since it’s the first Smackdown since WrestleMania 39, many people consider it one of the bigger episodes of the year.
While it may not be as big as the “Raw After Mania” show traditionally, it’s still the first blue brand show since WrestleMania. That Raw After Mania event also led to a lot of negative feelings from WWE fans after watching the show and also learning that Executive Chairman Vince McMahon changed several things.
Regarding tonight’s Smackdown, Fightful Select has provided a few tidbits about the festivities.
* There are higher-ups in WWE that believe and hope that Smackdown would return to what it was like when WWE’s Chief Content Officer Triple H would be running things again.
* Some “very important people in the company” truly had no idea if Vince McMahon was going to be at SD this week.
* The creative notes for tonight’s episode of SD were sent along to the staff a full 24 hours before the show tonight.
Here’s what else WWE is advertising for tonight’s show in Portland.
* Sami Zayn vs. Jey Uso
* Rey Mysterio & Santos Escobar vs. Dominik Mysterio & Damian Priest
* Imperium vs. Brawling Brutes
* Triple H to address WWE Universe
* Rhea Ripley, the new SD Women’s Champion, “claims her throne.”
* Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens return as the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions.
As we have covered previously, Roman Reigns is not at Smackdown tonight and is expected to miss Backlash on May 6th as well.