The next WWE pay-per-view event is Elimination Chamber this Sunday, March 8th in Philadelphia at the Wells Fargo Center. They added three matches to the show on last night’s Raw.
The Street Profits beat Seth Rollins and Murphy to win the Raw Tag Team Titles thanks to an assist from Kevin Owens, who hit Rollins with a Stone Cold Stunner that the referee didn’t see. Rollins complained about it after, so they get a rematch for the titles at Elimination Chamber.
A match between AJ Styles and Aleister Black was advertised on Raw, but it only happened after Black beat Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows (by DQ). Styles ended up beating Black in two minutes because Black was hurting after all three guys attacked him.
The US Title will be on the line with champion Andrade defending against Humberto Carrillo, who pinned Andrade in a tag team match on Raw.
This is one of those shows where there’s no obvious main event match right now. Perhaps a bigger match will be announced on Smackdown will main event the show. The Women’s Elimination Chamber match is most prominent in the advertising for the show, so they might go on last.
The lineup looks like this:
* Women’s Elimination Chamber Match (Raw): Asuka vs. Natalya vs. Ruby Riott vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Sarah Logan vs. Liv Morgan – The winner will challenge Becky Lynch for the Raw Women’s Championship at WrestleMania.
* No Disqualification Match: AJ Styles vs. Aleister Black
* Intercontinental Championship: Braun Strowman (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro and Sami Zayn
* Elimination Chamber Match for the Smackdown Tag Team Titles: The Miz and John Morrison (c) vs. The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Big E) vs. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) vs. Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler vs. Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker) vs. Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado – two of them)
* Raw Tag Team Championships: The Street Profits (c) vs. Seth Rollins and Murphy
* United States Championship: Andrade (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo
We will have a preview of Elimination Chamber on Saturday and then I’ll review it on Sunday night.