IWGP World Champion SANADA will face a considerable challenge as he puts his title on the line at Forbidden Door but it’s perhaps not the challenge many expected.
Forbidden Door season is upon AEW and New Japan Pro Wrestling as the stars of both companies get set to do battle at the sold out Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada on June 25th.
On Dynamite in Washington D.C. another match was made as IWGP World Champion SANADA appeared in a video message to issue an open challenge for anyone to face him for his title and he didn’t have to wait long for someone to come forward to take up that opportunity.
Jungle Boy Jack Perry answered the call later in the show as he re-asserted his desire to win gold this year and he wants his current partner FTW Champion HOOK in his corner for the bout. Perry was recently part of the Pillars four-way match at Double Or Nothing that saw MJF retain his AEW World Title.
The presumed card for Forbidden Door so far is –
- Kenny Omega (c) vs. Will Ospreay – IWGP US Title
- Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada
- MJF (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi – AEW World Title
- SANADA (c) vs. Jungle Boy Jack Perry – IWGP World Title
- Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. – AEW International Title