Dave Meltzer has reviewed WWE Fastlane.
As reported in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Meltzer has given his thoughts and ratings on the 5 matches that took place at the latest Premium Live Event.
The star ratings for each of the matches are as follows:
- Cody Rhodes and Jey Uso defeated Damian Priest and Finn Balor to become the new Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions – ****1/4
- Rey Mysterio, Santos Escobar and Carlito defeated Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits – **3/4
- IYO SKY defeated Asuka and Charlotte Flair to retain the WWE Women’s Championship – ***1/2
- LA Knight and John Cena defeated Solo Sikoa and Jimmy Uso – ***1/2
- Seth Rollins defeated Shinsuke Nakamura to retain the World Heavyweight Championship in a Last Man Standing match – ****1/2
Dave Meltzer Reviews Title Change And More
Fastlane became a newsworthy show right from the opening bout, which saw Jey Uso and Cody Rhodes shockingly dethrone Damian Priest and Finn Balor to become the new Tag Team Champions. The title change means that once again The Judgment Day are no longer draped in gold. A furious Priest considered cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase later in the night but was prevented by Rhea Ripley.
The surprises kept coming at the Indiana show as former Indianapolis Colts kicker and SmackDown announcer Pat McAfee provided guest commentary for the match that saw John Cena and LA Knight take on Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa. Much like Cena did in London, McAfee encouraged the crowd to be loud so that they may be considered for a future city to host WrestleMania.