WWE released many backstage officials, coaches and writers on January 5th 2022 including, most shockingly, former NXT General Manager William Regal.
Here is everyone released on January 5th 2022:
As reported by Mike Johnson of PWInsider, William Regal has left WWE. The report comes after it was confirmed that Road Dogg, who had been working at the Performance Center had also been released.
The report from Johnson adds that Chris Guy, also known as Ace Steel, who worked as a coach, notably with CM Punk has also left the company. Also departing is Dave Kapoor aka Ranjin Singh who was working with the NXT brand after previously managing The Great Khali, and Ryan Katz who had been working with NXT since 2015.
- Hall of Famer ‘Road Dogg’ Jesse James
- 15 x Champion and Former NXT General Manager William Regal
- Chris Guy AKA Ace Steel – WWE Coach and original trainer of CM Punk.
- Former manager to The Great Khali, Dave Kapoor aka Ranjin Singh.
- NXT creative producer Ryan Katz
- Legendary Official Scott Armstrong
- Former NJPW and MLW writer George Carroll
The releases come just two months after WWE released several main roster talents including former NXT Champion Karrion Kross.
TJRWrestling will continue to provide updates on the latest shocking WWE releases as they become available.