WWE May Be Adding Match To Night Of Champions Card
A new match may be added to the WWE Night of Champions lineup that doesn’t involve a championship.
In the past, WWE used to say that Night of Champions was a show where all of the titles will be on the line. They are not doing that this year because Roman Reigns isn’t defending his Undisputed WWE Universal Championship and other champions are missing as well, but there are still some big matches set to take place.
There are two wrestlers in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia that are currently not advertised for a match, but they might have a match now based on a new report. Those two guys are LA Knight and Rick Boogs, who failed to win a tag team match on Smackdown last week, which led to Knight turning on Boogs.
The insider wrestling account Boozer #BWE has broken past WWE stories. In this case, they are reporting that LA Knight was “super over with the Saudis” and WWE is talking about adding Knight against Boogs as a Kickoff Show match.
While WWE doesn’t do Kickoff Show matches typically anymore, there may be an exception in this case.
The next WWE Premium Live Event is Night of Champions on Saturday, May 27th from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia with this lineup so far:
* Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar
* Finals of the World Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Seth “Freakin” Rollins vs. AJ Styles
* Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships: Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens (c) vs. Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
* Raw Women’s Championship: Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka
* Intercontinental Championship: GUNTHER (c) vs. Mustafa Ali
* Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus
* Smackdown Women’s Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Natalya
WWE Night of Champions will stream live from Jeddah Superdome on Saturday, May 27, at 1 p.m. ET on Peacock in the United States and WWE Network everywhere else.