Ronda Rousey now officially knows who will be across the ring from her at ‘the hottest show of the summer’.
It’s been no secret that a contest between Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler has been on the cards for some time. Despite going in to Money In The Bank as Women’s Tag Team Champions, the pair exploded when ‘The Queen Of Spades’ attacked her partner from behind, allowing Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez to pick up the titles for a second time in what was a short-lived reign with the belts.
In the weeks since the event in the United Kingdom there have been plenty of physical as well as verbal confrontations between the pair, with all the signs leading to a showdown at SummerSlam. WWE have now confirmed that to be the case, in a storyline which has reportedly been accelerated to help Rousey step away from the company.
WWE SummerSlam 2023 – Full Card
SummerSlam takes place on Saturday, 5th August at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan. The card for the event currently stands as follows:
- Undisputed WWE Universal Championship – Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso
- WWE Women’s Championship – Asuka (c) vs. Bianca Belair vs. Charlotte Flair
- World Heavyweight Championship – Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor
- Intercontinental Championship – Gunther (c) vs. Drew McIntyre
- Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar
- Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler
- Logan Paul vs. Ricochet