The stars of NXT will hope to shine big and bright in Texas as The Great American Bash returns for 2023.
Following NXT television on the 25th of July, the full card has now been confirmed for the major event that sees the brand return to the road outside of Florida on its own for the first time since before the pandemic crippled the world in early 2020.
The H-E-B Center in Cedar Park, Texas will play host to the event which has its roots in Jim Crockett Promotions and the NWA with the first Great American Bash taking place in 1985.
2023’s event looks like it will be significant as it will feature the in-ring WWE debut of Olympic gold medallist Gable Steveson at a time when the amateur wrestling star had been apparently considering another tilt at the Olympics in 2024.
The confirmed card for The Great American Bash –
- Dragon Lee, Nathan Frazer, Yulisa León, and Valentina Feroz vs. The Meta-Four (Oro Mensah, Noam Dar, Lash Legend, and Jakara Jackson)
- “Dirty” Dominik Mysterio (c) vs. Wes Lee vs. Mustafa Ali – North American Championship
- Tiffany Stratton (c) vs. Thea Hail – Submission match for the NXT Women’s Championship
- Gallus (Wolfgang and Mark Coffey) (c) vs. The Family (Tony D’Angelo and Channing “Stacks” Lorenzo) – NXT Tag Team Championship
- Gable Steveson vs. Baron Corbin
- Roxanne Perez vs. Blair Davenport – Weapons Wild match
- Carmelo Hayes (c) (with Trick Williams) vs. Ilja Dragunov – NXT Championship
Who is NXT Champion?
The current NXT Champion is Carmelo Hayes but Ilja Dragunov will look to take that title from him on the 30th of July after laying out Hayes. Dragunov had teamed with Hayes and Trick Williams on the 25th of July edition of NXT television but after accidentally taking out Williams during the match, Williams demanded retribution later in the night.
Carmelo Hayes attempted to help his friend but ended up being taken out by The Czar as well with Dragunov left standing tall ahead of The Great American Bash.