It has been confirmed that former WWE Superstar Eva Marie was recently admitted to ER due to anaphylactic shock – with the cause being slightly bizarre.
After her original run with the company came to an end in 2017, Eva Marie made her return to WWE programming four years later in 2021, with everyone expecting her to compete against Naomi in her first match back. While the match was teased, she instead introduced an un-named substitute.
The fact the competitor wasn’t known was even more strange due to the fact that it was Piper Niven, who had been a member of the NXT UK roster for many years. After winning the match, she was bestowed with the name Doudrop by Eva Marie, who also declared herself the winner.
With the partnership between Eva Marie and Doudrop quickly faltering, it came to an end following Marie’s loss to Alexa Bliss at SummerSlam 2021, with Doudrop taking the microphone after the match to declare Marie the loser.
Marie was written off WWE programming when she attacked backstage by Shayna Baszler in September 2021. Whilst this was design to take her off television due to an injury, she was then released by the company in November.
A post from Ryan Satin on social media has confirmed that Eva Marie recently had to take a trip to the emergency room after an allergic reaction to fire ants.
Eva Marie says she had to go to the ER for anaphylactic shock over Labor Day weekend due to a massive allergic reaction to fire ants.
Eva Marie says she had to go to the ER for anaphylactic shock over Labor Day weekend due to a massive allergic reaction to fire ants. pic.twitter.com/15CgJJcXcv
— Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) September 11, 2022