WWE Superstar Spectacle marked the company’s long-awaited return to India, and the results of the show are in!
In early August, it was announced that WWE would be making its long-awaited return to India on September 8th when the company presents Superstar Spectacle.
When news broke that John Cena was on his way back to WWE, he soon confirmed that he would be returning to in-ring action at the blockbuster event. It was later revealed that he would be teaming up with World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins to take on the team of Giovanni Vinci and Ludwig Kaiser. This marks Cena’s first time wrestling in India despite his decades-long career.
The Great Khali was also in attendance, and according to PWInsider, made a speech to the crowd in which he teased that he has another match left in him. His most recent bout came in 2018 when he took part in the Greatest Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia.
Becky Lynch was originally scheduled to appear on the show, but was unable to board her flight due to a tear in her passport and had to make the unfortunate announcement that she would no longer be able to appear in front of the Indian fans.
Full Results From WWE Superstar Spectacle On September 8th
Courtesy of PWInsider, the full results of WWE’s return to India can be found below:
- Drew McIntyre, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn defeated Jinder Mahal, Veer, and Sanga. All six men danced afterwards.
- Natalya defeated Zoey Stark for the opportunity to face Rhea Ripley for the Women’s World Championship
- Gunther defeated Shanky
- Bron Breakker defeated Odyssey Jones
- The Great Khali appeared and teased one more match
- Rhea Ripley defeated Natalya
- Seth Rollins and John Cena defeated Giovanni Vinci and Ludwig Kaiser