A WWE Raw match featuring Seth Rollins was recently changed and there’s some new information about what was planned for it.
The June 19th episode of Raw was supposed to begin with the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth “Freakin” Rollins defending his title in an open challenge. After Rollins made his entrance, he was attacked from behind by The Judgment Day’s Finn Balor.
Seth Rollins never got to defend his World Heavyweight Title on that episode of Raw because of Balor’s attack that saw him use the Coup de Grace (double foot stomp) on Rollins repeatedly all around the ringside area.
After the Rollins title defense didn’t happen, it was reported that Seth was going to face a returning Tommaso Ciampa, who returned on the June 19th Raw after missing about nine months due to hip surgery. The story goes that WWE’s Executive Chairman Vince McMahon changed what was planned.
Instead of Ciampa facing Rollins, Ciampa beat The Miz (they were former allies) easily. That win by Ciampa led to Miz attacking Ciampa on this past Monday’s Raw to likely keep that story going.
In an update, Fightful Select reports that the Seth Rollins-Tommaso Ciampa match “wasn’t supposed to get much time, but would have ended in a non-finish.”
Seth Rollins will get his chance for payback on Finn Balor this Saturday, July 1st in England when he defends the World Heavyweight Title against Balor at Money in the Bank. The full lineup for Money in the Bank looks like this.
* Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa vs. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)
* Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match: LA Knight vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Ricochet vs. Butch vs. Santos Escobar vs. Damian Priest vs. Logan Paul
* World Heavyweight Championship: Seth “Freakin” Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor
* Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Bayley vs. Zelina Vega vs. Becky Lynch vs. Zoey Stark vs. IYO SKY vs. Trish Stratus
* Cody Rhodes vs. Dominik Mysterio
* Intercontinental Championship: GUNTHER (c) vs. Matt Riddle
* Women’s Tag Team Championships: Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Raquel Rodriguez & Liv Morgan
You can watch WWE Money in the Bank on Saturday, July 1 at a special start time of 3 p.m. ET/12 p.m. PT, streaming live exclusively on Peacock in the United States and WWE Network everywhere else.