Rey Mysterio Comments On Bad Bunny Joining LWO
The LWO got a major boost ahead of Backlash in San Juan, Puerto Rico when Bad Bunny seemingly pledged his allegiance to Rey Mysterio’s group.
The main event of SmackDown saw Rey Mysterio team with his LWO partner Zelina Vega to take on Dominik Mysterio and Rhea Ripley of The Judgment Day. The WWE Hall of Famer picked up another win over his son but the rest of The Judgment Day were soon on hand to dish out a beating.
That brought out the LWO but they were led to the ring by rap star Bad Bunny. Bunny will take on Damian Priest at Backlash in a San Juan Street Fight and while Priest avoided Bunny’s kendo stick for the time being, Dominik Mysterio did not. SmackDown went off the air with Bad Bunny accepting an LWO shirt from Rey Mysterio and joining the group.
Speaking in a SmackDown Exclusive, Mysterio commented on what it meant to have Bad Bunny join the group:
“We feel privileged and honored for Bad Bunny to receive the shirt, put it on gracefully, and represent what we represent, the Latinos. It’s incredible. I don’t think Bad Bunny needed superpowers for tomorrow because he will take Damian Priest down.
“I know it, I’ve seen him train. He works hard and he’s dedicated. He’s been a fan since he’s a kid. But if that LWO shirt brings him some type of superpower, it would be incredible, man. The representation is to the fullest right now for all the Latinos.”
The full Backlash card can be found below:
- Matt Riddle, Kevin Owens, and Sami Zayn vs. The Bloodline – Six-man tag team match
- Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar
- Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Zelina Vega – WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Seth Rollins vs. Omos (with MVP)
- Austin Theory (c) vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Bronson Reed – WWE United States Championship
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. IYO SKY – WWE Raw Women’s Championship
- Bad Bunny vs. Damian Priest – San Juan Street Fight