It has been announced that some WWE Hall of Famers will be appearing on the next episode of NXT.
On the November 29th episode of NXT, WWE’s Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative (that’s a long job title) Shawn Michaels will announce the five men and five women that will be part of the first-ever Iron Survivor Challenge match at NXT Deadline on December 10th.
* Five superstars will compete in this unique 25-minute Match as they battle each other and the clock.
* Two superstars will start the match and every five minutes a new superstar will enter the match until all five are in the ring.
* The goal is to have the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes.
* Falls can be won at any time via pinfall, submission, or disqualification.
* When a superstar scores a fall they will earn one point.
* However, when a superstar loses a fall, that superstar must pay the penalty. They are forced out of the ring and into a penalty box for 90 seconds.
* Once the 90 seconds are up, the superstar can re-enter the match.
* The superstar who has scored the most falls when the clock hits 25 minutes will be named the Iron Survivor and become the No. 1 Contender for the NXT Championship and NXT Women’s Championship respectively
In addition to Michaels appearing on NXT, he will be joined by four Hall of Famers to announce the ten wrestlers in the Iron Survivor Challenge Match. WWE announced two of the Hall of Famers that will be involved.
One of them will be the “Road Dogg” Jesse James, who was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2019 as part of D-Generation X.
BREAKING: #RoadDogg@BrianRDJames will be one of four WWE Hall of Famers at #WWENXT this Tuesday to help @ShawnMichaels announce the participants for #NXTDeadline's Iron Survivor Challenge! pic.twitter.com/BaF0nsGU4p
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) November 27, 2022
Following his in-ring career, Road Dogg worked behind the scenes in WWE as a writer on Smackdown, a producer in NXT and other roles. Currently, Road Dogg works for WWE as the VP of Live Events.
The other legend that WWE announced is former two-time Women’s Champion Molly Holly, who was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame 2021. Molly currently works for WWE behind the scenes as a Producer, usually helping to put together women’s matches.
It’s expected that WWE will announce two more Hall of Famers appearing on this week’s NXT as well.