NWA 74 PPV Results – Night 2 (Aug. 28, 2022)
The NWA presented their NWA 74 pay-per-view (Night 2) featuring Trevor Murdoch defending the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship against Tyrus while Nick Aldis faced Flip Gordon and a whole lot more.
We covered NWA 74 Night 1 on TJRWrestling, so click here to read about what happened on that show.
The event took place at Chase’s Khorassan Ballroom in St. Louis, Missouri. The commentary team was Joe Galli, Tim Storm & Velvet Sky.
Here are the results from NWA 74 Night 2 from the pay-per-view broadcast.
* Colby Corino defeated Caprice Coleman in a 2/3 Falls Match.
* The Fixers won a battle royal to win NWA United States Tag Team Titles. There were 12 teams in the match.
Matt Cardona and The Cardona Family were interviewed. Matt claimed he was screwed in the match he lost to Rolando Freeman on Night 1 and claimed he wasn’t 100% after coming back so quickly after the biceps injury. Cardona apologized for what he was going to do to Rolando and said then he would get back the NWA Worlds Title.
* “Magic” Jake Dumas (w/Christi Jaynes) defeated Mercurio.
* Davey Richards defeated “Thrillbilly” Silas Mason (with Pollo Del Mar) by submission to retain the MLW National Openweight Championship.
The NWA’s lead play-by-play announcer Joe Galli proposed to his girlfriend in the ring and she said yes, so congrats to them on getting engaged. The fans loved it.
Wrestling legends Barry Windham and JJ Dillon were interviewed in the ring by Kyle Davis, the ring announcer. They talked about the history of the NWA for 74 years and thanked the fans supporting professional wrestling as well as the NWA.
* Cyon (w/Austin Idol) defeated Anthony Mayweather to retain the NWA National Championship.
* Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Paige) defeated The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle) in a Kingshighway Street Fight for the NWA World Women’s Tag Team Championships. Envy & Paige pinned Belle at the same time after Kay was put through a table outside the ring.
* Homicide defeated Ricky Morton to retain the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship. Homicide won with a punch to the back of the head. Morton is 65 years old.
* Nick Aldis defeated Flip Gordon. They shook hands. Odinson attacked Gordon after the match, Aldis got involved to save Gordon and then Odinson attacked Aldis as well.
* Pope & Kratos defeated Rodney Mack & Aron Stevens in a Missouri Tornado Tag Team Match.
* Thom Latimer defeated EC3 by disqualification when EC3’s buddies from Control Your Narrative attacked Latimer. EC3 teased a chairshot after the match, but instead he sat on the chair and said something to Latimer. EC3 left with his friends.
* Kamille defeated Max The Impaler (w/James Mitchell) to retain the NWA Women’s Championship.
The NWA President Billy Corgan did a promo in the ring. Billy said that they honor history and make history thanks to the fans. Corgan announced that they will back there next year in St. Louis for NWA 75. Corgan asked for a moment of silence for people in professional wrestling that passed away in the last year. They had a list of names on the screen along with a ten-bell salute. The fans applauded when it ended. It was a nice gesture.
* Trevor Murdoch defeated Tyrus to retain the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship. Murdoch did a low blow that the referee didn’t see followed by Murdoch hitting the top rope bulldog two times in a row for the pinfall win. They shook hands after the match.
Trevor Murdoch did a post-match promo where he seemed like he wanted to put over Tyrus by saying nice things, but Tyrus flipped a table and left to the back. Trevor was frustrated saying he wanted to give the guy a compliment, but he left. Trevor thanked the fans for showing up and left to the back. That was it.
This event had a runtime of 3 hours, 27 minutes.