AEW star Miro has seemingly taken issue with recent reports that suggested he turned down a match at Full Gear because he would’ve lost.
Since joining AEW in September 2020, the former Rusev has only competed in an AEW ring on 29 occasions. The former TNT Champion has only wrestled four times in 2022 with three of those appearances coming in the month of June. The last time he wrestled for the company was back at All Out in early September when he teamed with Darby Allin & Sting to defeat The House of Black.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that The Redeemer apparently turned down a pitch from Tony Khan that would have seen him compete on the Full Gear card:
“In September, Tony Khan came to Miro and he had this idea which would go to a match on the November pay-per-view (Full Gear). And he didn’t want to do it.”
The Bulgarian star has seemingly responded to that assertion on social media as he questioned Dave Meltzer on what happened in the first half of the year:
“@davemeltzerWON, what happened between January and June ?”
. @davemeltzerWON , what happened between January and June ?
— Miro (@ToBeMiro) December 22, 2022
Meltzer responded by quote tweeting the AEW star and asking “why don’t you tell us.” before responding to someone else and saying that “He already publicly said he ripped his hamstring. So he’s previously answered that question.”
He already publicly said he ripped his hamstring. So he's previously answered that question. https://t.co/iG1BOGMjLH
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) December 22, 2022