Dave Meltzer has given his thoughts on AEW WrestleDream.
As seen in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Meltzer has rated the matches that took place using his signature star rating system.
The results and ratings for the matches are as follows:
- Satoshi Kojima, Keith Lee, Athena and Billie Starkz defeated Shane Taylor, Lee Moriarty, Diamante and Mercedes Martinez – **
- Claudio Castagnoli defeated Josh Barnett – ***1/4
- Luchasaurus defeated Nick Wayne – **
- The Acclaimed and Billy Gunn defeated TMDK to retain the AEW Trios Championships – ***
- MJF defeated The Righteous in a handicap match to retain the Ring of Honor Tag Team Championships – **3/4
- Eddie Kingston defeated Katsuyori Shibata to retain the Ring of Honor World and the NJPW Strong Openweight Championships – ***3/4
- Kris Statlander defeated Julia Hart to retain the TBS Championship – ***
- The Young Bucks defeated The Gunns, Orange Cassidy and HOOK and The Lucha Brothers to win a tag team championship opportunity – *** 3/4
- Swerve Strickland defeated “Hangman” Adam Page – ****3/4
- Ricky Starks defeated Wheeler Yuta – ***1/2
- Bryan Danielson defeated Zack Sabre Jr. – *****1/2
- Konosuke Takeshita, Will Ospreay and Sammy Guevara defeated Chris Jericho, Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi – ****3/4
- FTR defeated Aussie Open to retain the AEW Tag Team Championships – ****1/2
- Christian Cage defeated Darby Allin 2-1 in a 2 out of 3 falls match to retain the TNT Championship – ****1/2
Dave Meltzer Rates Technical Classic Highly
While many will likely remember WrestleDream as the night when Adam Copeland became All Elite, one of the matches of the night was the long-awaited match between the technical experts Bryan Danielson and Zack Sabre Jr. Although the show was well-received and will be memorable, it has been revealed that the attendance was below average for an AEW event.