The next edition of WWE’s Monday Night Raw will take place this Monday, May 13 in London, England. Due to the time difference, the results for the show will be available on the internet several hours before the show airs on television.
Now that WWE is promoting the “Wild Card Rule” that allows Raw stars on Smackdown and Smackdown stars on Raw, they have advertised Smackdown’s Roman Reigns and Charlotte Flair for Raw.
Here’s the advertised lineup for the May 13 edition of WWE Monday Night Raw:
* Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre. Both men are in the Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match.
* Ricochet vs. Baron Corbin. Both men are in the Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder match.
* Natalya vs. Naomi vs. Dana Brooke vs. Alexa Bliss. All four women are in the Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match
* A double contract signing with Becky Lynch and her two Money in the Bank opponents: Lacey Evans and Charlotte Flair.
Here’s how WWE.com explains it: She’s defending her Raw and SmackDown Women’s Championships against Lacey Evans and Charlotte Flair, respectively, at WWE Money in the Bank, and she’ll join both of her challengers in a special double contract signing Monday on Raw. Will The Man throw down with The Lady of WWE and The Queen, who comes from SmackDown LIVE via Mr. McMahon’s “Wild Card Rule”?
* The Miz will host his Miz TV talk show segment with a big guest from Smackdown: Roman Reigns.
.@WWERomanReigns has been a lot of places in the last week… but now it’s time for a must-see UK edition of #MizTV from the @TheO2 with the Big Dog as my guest! #Raw #RawLondon pic.twitter.com/EHlQ0DHGug
— The Miz (@mikethemiz) May 11, 2019
As I noted in the Smackdown preview, WWE is known for advertising stuff on Raw and Smackdown every week and then completely ignoring it by the time the shows take place, so just because you see it here, doesn’t mean it will make the show.
Analysis: The three matches are to be expected since they involve Money in the Bank competitors. It’s something WWE does every year where they’ll do singles matches, tag team matches, multiple person matches (like the women’s 4-Way) and they think it’s exciting, but it feels repetitive every year.
The contract signing with Lynch and the two tall blondes might be okay. It’s just hard to get excited about a contract signing when WWE did one with AJ Styles and Seth Rollins two weeks ago on Raw. Contract signing segments are not that interesting.
Anyway, that’s what we about this week’s Raw so far.