The rules for the 2020 WWE Draft are here. All of the info below comes from WWE.com. As you can see below, a lot of teams and groups are going to be drafted together, which is similar to what we saw last year. Some names will be picked on Friday and others will be picked on Monday. Here’s more info from WWE:
The WWE Draft will get underway this Friday, Oct. 9 on SmackDown and conclude Monday, Oct. 12 on Raw. WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon will once again preside over both nights of selections.
As reported by FOX Sports, the rules and Superstar pools have now been finalized for the 2020 WWE Draft.
- Over 60 Male Superstars, Female Superstars and Tag Teams have been placed into the 2020 WWE Draft.
- More than 20 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Friday night and more than 30 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Monday night.
- Due to the length of each show, for every two picks that SmackDown selects, Raw will get three picks.
- Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network, in conjunction with WWE Officials, wants to pick one Superstar from the team.
- Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.
WWE Superstars have been split into eligible pools for the Friday and Monday episodes of the WWE Draft. Here is the breakdown of who is available for selection each night:
Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)
The Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander and MVP)
Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado)
Rey & Dominik Mysterio
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Erik (of The Viking Raiders)
The Miz & John Morrison
RETRIBUTION (Mustafa Ali, T-BAR, MACE, SLAPJACK, RECKONING & RETALIATION)
The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan)
Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro
The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)
Don’t miss this WWE Draft on Friday, Oct. 9 at 8/7 C on FOX and Monday, Oct. 12 at 8/7 C on USA Network to see where your favorite Superstars are headed.
TJR Thoughts: It’s hard to guess where people are going. All we really know is who is going on what night, so at least that makes it a simpler process. It’s similar to how they did it last year as well.