There are now five official matches for the WWE Worlds Collide event on Saturday, January 25th. The event takes place at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas one night before the Royal Rumble in Houston.
Here are the five matches:
* Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly, Bobby Fish & Roderick Strong) vs. Imperium (Walter, Marcel Barthel, Fabian Aichner & Alexander Wolfe)
* DIY (Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano) vs. Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)
* Finn Balor vs. Ilja Dragunov
* NXT Women’s Title Match: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Toni Storm
* NXT Cruiserweight Title Fatal Four-Way Match: Angel Garza (c) vs. Isaiah “Swerve” Scott vs. (Jordan Devlin or Ligero) vs. (The Brian Kendrick or Travis Banks)
That could be the full card, but they could add another match or two.
TJR Thoughts: I think it’s a really good lineup with DIY vs. Moustache Mountain standing out as the best match just because of how many amazing matches those teams have had. The 8-man tag is great too, but I think regular tag team matches are better especially with teams of that caliber. The other three matches should all be awesome too. I will likely review this show.
The first two matches have been announced for the NXT Takeover Portland event on Sunday, February 16.
Finn Balor vs. Johnny Gargano
NXT Women’s Title: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Bianca Belair
Most NXT Takeover events have five matches and sometimes six, so there should be more matches added in the next month.
TJR Thoughts: I’m excited about Balor vs. Gargano. It has been built up well since Balor’s surprising heel turn a few months ago, then Gargano missed some time with an injury and that only added to the anticipation for this match. I doubt Ripley will lose her title, but it’s a big match for Belair.