Tony Khan believes that his AEW wrestlers need to settle their issues in the ring rather than get involved himself.
When a heel in pro wrestling does something that appears to be over the line, fans question the logic of it while wondering how that wrestler could get away with it.
The rivalry between AEW’s “Hangman” Adam Page and Swerve Strickland has become very personal especially after Swerve broke into Page’s house where he allegedly spoke to Page’s young child in a crib. The child was never actually shown on camera.
While speaking on the AEW Full Gear media conference call, AEW’s Owner, CEO & GM Tony Khan did his best to explain why he doesn’t punish wrestlers involved in company storylines.
“I’ve had people ask me, at times, questions about what’s happening with some of the heels and why I haven’t punished them for some of the things they’ve done.”
“Frankly, I don’t think it’s my place to and I don’t think it would serve the babyfaces in these situations for me to be doing that. In this situation with Swerve and Hangman, there has been some stuff that has happened outside of the ring and it’s really not my place. It would be the place of the authorities, perhaps.”
“For me, it’s pro wrestling, and I would want them to settle it in the ring. Should I have suspended Swerve or punished Swerve for the home invasion? Absolutely not. That’s a place for the legal authorities, to do stuff like that, and in this case, I want them to settle it in the ring.”
On the November 15th episode of AEW Dynamite, Hangman shot back at Swerve with a personal shot of his own by mentioning that Swerve’s fiancee left him and Swerve doesn’t get to see his kids.
Tony Khan Presents AEW Full Gear From Los Angeles
The AEW Full Gear pay-per-view takes place on Saturday, November 18th from the Kia Forum in Los Angeles. The following matches have been announced.
* AEW World Championship: Maxwell Jacob Friedman (MJF) (c) vs. Jay White
* Sting, Darby Allin & Adam Copeland vs. Christian Cage, Luchasaurus & Nick Wayne
* AEW International Championship: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Jon Moxley
* AEW Women’s Championship: Hikaru Shida (c) vs. Toni Storm
* Texas Death Match: “Hangman” Adam Page vs. Swerve Strickland
* The Young Bucks – Matt & Nick Jackson vs. The Golden Jets – Kenny Omega & Chris Jericho
* AEW World Tag Team Championships: Ricky Starks and Big Bill (c) vs. La Facción Ingobernable (Rush and Dralístico) (with José the Assistant) vs. FTR (Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood) vs. Kings of The Black Throne (Malakai Black and Brody King)
* TBS Championship: Kris Statlander (c) vs. Julia Hart vs. Skye Blue
* ROH Tag Team Championships: Maxwell Jacob Friedman (c) vs. The Gunns – Colten & Austin Gunn (Pre-Show)
There will likely be more matches announced for Full Gear during the November 17th episode of AEW Collision followed by Rampage. It’s three hours of AEW action presented by Tony Khan just one night before Full Gear takes place.