NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 is now in the history books.
Wrestle Kingdom is the biggest event in the Japanese wrestling calendar and is often referred to as NJPW’s WrestleMania. The origins of the January 4th spectacular at the Tokyo Dome stretch all the way back to 1992, with the Wrestle Kingdom name coming into being in 2007.
At the 2024 edition of the show, all of the promotion’s major titles were on the line, with Bryan Danielson and Kazuchika also continuing their rivalry.
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 Final Results
When all was said and done, it was Okada who got the better of Danielson to get revenge for his loss to the American Dragon at Forbidden Door II. Meanwhile, in the main event, Tetsuya Naito overcame Sanada to become the IWGP World Heavyweight Champion.
Earlier in the night, David Finlay became the first-ever IWGP Global Heavyweight Champion after overcoming Will Ospreay and Jon Moxley. The show also featured a surprise appearance from Nic Nemeth, formerly known as Dolph Ziggler.
You find a full rundown of the results below.
- Great-O-Khan, Taiji Ishimori, Toru Yano, and Yoh won New Japan Ranbo
- Catch 2/2 def Bullet Club War Dogs (c) – IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
- Hiroshi Tanahashi def Zack Sabre Jr. (c) – NJPW World Television Title
- Yuya Uemura def Yota Tsuji
- House of Torture def Shota Umino Kaito Kiyomiya
- Tama Tonga def Shingo Takagi (c) – NEVER Openweight Title
- Guerrillas of Destiny def Bishamon – IWGP Tag Team Championship & STRONG Openweight Tag Team Championship
- El Desperado def Hiromu Takahashi (c) – IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title
- David Finlay def Jon Moxley, Will Ospreay – IWGP Global Heavyweight Championship
- Kazuchika Okada def Bryan Danielson
- Tetsuya Naito def Sanada (c) – IWGP World Heavyweight Championship