The president of New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) has addressed the situation with Karl Anderson.
On November 5, 2022, New Japan Pro Wrestling has an event in Osaka, and the president of NJPW, Takami Ohbari, has stated that the promotion is doing everything can to make sure all advertised matches take place.
With one particular match, there’s been some controversy swirling around it, and that’s the NEVER Openweight Championship bout between Karl Anderson and Hikuleo, with Anderson scheduled to defend the title. However, Anderson was announced later on for another match that happens on the same date, and that bouts take place at sports entertainment giant WWE‘s Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia.
Last week, The Good Brothers dropped a video that alleged that New Japan Pro Wrestling never confirmed any date with them, and said that Anderson will not be present at Battle Autumn to defend his championship.
OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE GREATEST #NEVEROPENWEIGHTCHAMPION ON THE FACT THAT @njpw1972 BOOKED ME WITHOUT GOING THRU MY BOOKING AGENT @the_biglg ……. SO WITH THAT SAID …..
We gotta little problem.
Signed, @wwe ‘s #theOC ‘s Karl “Bright Lights” Anderson pic.twitter.com/b5N8yIW7Xa
— Karl Anderson (@MachineGunKA) October 19, 2022
On Saturday on his Twitter, Ohbari said that NJPW is doing everything in their power to make sure that the match goes through as planned, also stating that the promotion has expectations that all wrestlers will “honor their advertised commitments.”
“We are doing all we can to ensure every signed match in Osaka on November 5 happens as promised. We expect all wrestlers, especially champions, to honor their advertised commitments.”
We are doing all we can to ensure every signed match in Osaka on November 5 happens as promised. We expect all wrestlers, especially champions, to honor their advertised commitments.#njautumn
— 大張高己/Takami Ohbari (@TAKAMIOHBARI) October 22, 2022