Over 20 wrestlers will compete in the Tokyo Dome on Keiji Muto’s retirement show.
Keiji Muto’s retirement show takes place on February 21st, 2023 and the card is promising to include a lot more than just the legendary wrestler’s retirement.
Eleven matches have been announced for the card. The main event will see 60-year old Keiji Muto wrestle Tetsuya Naito one-on-one in Muto’s big retirement match. But the undercard features some interesting stuff as well.
The semi-main event is also a dream match of sorts as it will be an interpromotional battle of the aces. The second-last match on the card will see IWGP World Heavyweight Champion and New Japan ace Kazuchika Okada take on NOAH’s ace and GHC Heavyweight Champion Kaito Kiyomiya.
The rest of the card will also feature matches involving wrestlers from other promotions besides NOAH and New Japan. The other matches, per Fightful, are as follows:
- Hiromu Takahashi (NJPW) vs. AMAKUSA (NOAH)
- NOSAWA and MAZADA (NOAH) vs. Gedo and Taiji Ishimori (NJPW)
- Kento Miyahara, SUWAMA, and Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW) vs. Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, and Manabu Soya (NOAH)
- Shun Skywalker, KAI, and Diamante (Dragongate) vs. Naomichi Marufuji, Hijo Del Dr. Wagner Jr., and Ninja Mack (NOAH)
- Shunma Katsumata, Toui Kojima, Mao, and Yuki Ueno vs. Tetsuya Endo, Hideki Okatani, Yuya Koroku, and Takeshi Masada (DDT)
- Eita, Yoshinari Ogawa, HAYATA, Daga, and Chris Ridgeway vs. Atsushi Kotoge, YO-HEY, Seiki Yoshioka, Alejandro, and Junta Miyawaki (NOAH)
- Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima, and Timothy Thatcher vs. Jake Lee, Jack Morris, and Anthony Greene (NOAH)
- Miyu Yamashita, Yuka Sakazaki, Rika Tatsumi, and Shoko Nakajiuma vs. Mizuki, Miu Watanabe, Maki Itoh, and Yuki Arai (Tokyo Joshi Pro)
- Masa Kitamiya and Daiki Inaba vs. Yoshiki Inamura and Yasutaka Yano (NOAH)