Double Or Nothing draws ever closer for AEW and on Dynamite, the company added several huge matches to the show in Las Vegas.
Dynamite in Austin, Texas kicked off with Wardlow calling out Christian Cage after his disgusting comments about the star on the previous week’s show. Cage soon showed his face, but with Luchasaurus by his side, the crafty veteran soon got the upper hand on the TNT Champion and took him out with a ladder.
Later in the night, Wardlow then challenged Cage to make their TNT Title match at Double Or Nothing a ladder match – a match type that Cage knows only too well.
A very tired Orange Cassidy spoke to Renee Paquette on the show and told whoever wants to challenge him for the International Title to speak to Tony Khan. Later in the night, Paquette informed Cassidy that 20 stars had gone to Khan’s office so the champion decided that he’d be number 21 and that a Blackjack Battle Royal would take place for his title. It remains to be seen if the rules for this match will be different from AEW’s staple Casino Battle Royals which have taken place in the past.
Toni Storm sought to take things one step further in The Outcasts’ feud with the company’s women’s division as she challenged Jamie Hayter for the AEW Women’s Title.
The night ended with a reunited Elite – including Hangman Adam Page – telling the Blackpool Combat Club that they’d face off in Anarchy In The Arena in Las Vegas.
The updated Double Or Nothing card can be found below –
- MJF (c) vs. Sammy Guevara vs. Jungle Boy Jack Perry vs. Darby Allin – AEW World Championship
- Jamie Hayter (c) vs. Toni Storm – AEW Women’s Championship
- FTR (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal – AEW Tag Team Championship – Mark Briscoe will be the special referee
- Wardlow (c) vs. Christian Cage – TNT Championship – Ladder match
- Blackjack Battle Royal for the AEW International Championship
- The Elite vs. The Blackpool Combat Club – Anarchy In The Arena