This week’s edition of WWE Raw was part one of the Superstar Shake-up that featured several Smackdown stars moving over to Monday nights on Raw. In addition to that, they also made some of the recent NXT call-ups full-timers on Raw and the current NXT Tag Team Champions have joined Raw as well.
* AJ Styles
* The Miz
* Rey Mysterio
* Zelina Vega
* Aleister Black
* Lacey Evans
* Jimmy Uso
* Jey Uso
* Eric Young
* Cedric Alexander
* Ivar (formerly Hanson of the War Raiders)
* Erik (formerly Rowe of the War Raiders)
— WWE (@WWE) April 16, 2019
– There are 17 names on that list. Last year there were 14 wrestlers that joined Raw.
– No champions were moved.
– The Miz has been moved in three straight Superstar Shake-ups.
– Four of the NXT names that have been part of the main roster for months have settled on Raw: Ricochet, Aleister Black, Lacey Evans and EC3.
– The War Raiders tag team is now called “The Viking Experience.” This upset a lot of fans because the War Raiders name was cool. The likely explanation is that WWE didn’t want a team with “War” in their name on the main roster because it’s too aggressive and sponsors might not like it. They also changed the names of the wrestlers to Ivar and Erik. It will take some getting used to.
– Two married couples were sent to Raw with Jimmy Uso and Naomi teaming up again while Aleister Black and Zelina Vega. Andrade’s girlfriend is Charlotte Flair, so when he was moved to Raw, a lot of us assumed she would get moved to Raw too. Apparently not. At least she’s not there now. Things could always change down the road.
– Cedric Alexander was moved to Raw from 205 Live. That’s similar to Ali going from 205 Live to Smackdown late last year.
– Eric Young was separated from his Sanity group with Killian Dain and Alexander Wolfe. Young was not shown on Raw, but he was part of a graph that was on during the show and he is on the WWE.com list as well.
On Tuesday night, we will find out what Raw superstars will join Smackdown.
I’ll have more analysis about the moves in a column on Wednesday after both rosters have completed their changes.
WWE posted several interviews with Raw newcomers that you can watch below.