The rivalry between Will Ospreay and Kenny Omega will continue at AEW WrestleDream as the two men compete in a six-man tag team match.
One of the best feuds in pro wrestling in 2023 has been between Kenny Omega and Will Ospreay. Their match at NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 17 event in January saw Omega beat Ospreay to regain the IWGP United States Title in what was considered one of the best matches of the year.
At the AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door pay-per-view in Toronto in June, Ospreay beat Omega in the rematch to win back the IWGP US Title that Ospreay has since renamed the IWGP UK Title. Many fans believe that match topped what they did at Wrestle Kingdom in terms of being an even better match.
On last night’s episode of AEW Collision, Don Callis answered a challenge from Chris Jericho, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi for a match at WrestleDream. Callis responded to the challenge saying that his team accepts with the team being Konosuke Takeshita, Sammy Guevara & Will Ospreay.
It's official!@TheDonCallis has accepted Chris Jericho & Kenny Omega’s challenge!
Next Sunday, Oct 1st at #AEWWrestleDream LIVE on PPV from Seattle!
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 24, 2023
AEW WrestleDream lineup update including Will Ospreay & Kenny Omega in tag team action
Currently, AEW WrestleDream on October 1st has nine official matches that are listed below.
* Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
* TNT Championship 2/3 Falls: Christian Cage (c) vs. Darby Allin
* Kenny Omega, Chris Jericho & Kota Ibushi vs. Konosuke Takeshita, Sammy Guevara & Will Ospreay
* AEW World Tag Team Championship: FTR (c) vs. Aussie Open
* ROH World & NJPW Strong Openweight Championships: Eddie Kingston (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
* ROH World Tag Team Championship: MJF & Adam Cole (c) vs. The Righteous
* Hangman Page vs. Swerve Strickland
* AEW TBS Championship: Kris Statlander (c) vs. Julia Hart
* Winners Receive AEW Tag Team Title Match: The Young Bucks vs. The Gunns vs. Lucha Bros vs. Orange Cassidy & Hook
AEW WrestleDream will air on pay-per-view next Sunday, October 1st.