WWE Reveals WrestleMania 37 Set at Raymond James Stadium (VIDEO), Becky Lynch Return Rumors, Rain Possible, Other WrestleMania Notes
It’s WrestleMania day…for night one at least. The two-night extravaganza begins tonight at 8pm ET/5 pm PT airing on Peacock in the United States and WWE Network everywhere else. I will have a live review tonight and tomorrow right here ONLY on TJRWrestling. Thanks for supporting us.
Early this morning, WWE posted a video hosted by Smackdown’s Kayla Braxton and Corey Graves that led to the big reveal of what the WrestleMania 37 set will look like. Here’s that video.
THE RETURN OF BECKY LYNCH?
* Becky Lynch teased a WrestleMania appearance with this social media post on Instagram and Twitter. Lynch is a former Raw and Smackdown Women’s Champion that headlined WrestleMania 35 two years ago. Lynch has been off WWE television since last May when she announced she was pregnant with her first child. In December, Lynch and fiance Seth Rollins welcomed their daughter Roux into the world.
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) April 9, 2021
The letters of the first words of her message spells out NIGHT ONE. Her fiance Seth Rollins is wrestling Cesaro tonight on night one.
There’s also a feature article about Lynch on Elle Magazine’s website that would also suggest she is probably returning to WWE. It’s a good read.
Also regarding right, it has been rumored that she might appear as a guest on Bayley’s “Ding Ding Hello” talk show segment that might take place at WrestleMania tonight. It was reported by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer that there was a plan for Lynch to show up driving a truck similar to what WWE had planned for her at last year’s WrestleMania. There was no tease of a Bayley segment at WrestleMania during last night’s Smackdown, but it still might happen.
TJR Thoughts: It feels like the right time for a Becky Lynch return nearly one year after she left WWE TV. Lynch gave birth to her daughter four months ago and she’s obviously in great shape, so she certainly could be physically ready to return. I think an appearance on Bayley’s talk show would be interesting since Bayley is a heel, so Lynch can beat her up and the crowd would love to see that. They can also set up a Lynch vs. Bayley feud without a title involved. Bayley is on Smackdown and it makes sense for Lynch to be on Smackdown since her fiance Seth Rollins is there as well. Most WWE couples are on the same brand.
Here are some quick-hit WrestleMania news items as well.
* WWE Hall of Famer Booker T revealed to the Miami Herald that he will be a guest announcer for one of the matches at WrestleMania. He didn’t reveal what match, but the guess here would be Bad Bunny & Damian Priest vs. The Miz & John Morrison since Bad Bunny has a song called Booker T. As usual, Booker T will also be part of the Kickoff Show panel at WrestleMania as well. Booker is usually on the Kickoff Show panels anyway.
* There are likely going to be special entrances for several superstars at WrestleMania. WWE has been testing drones at Raymond James Stadium and some fans were able to share these images for what look to be special entrances for Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair and The Fiend among others. We already know that rapper Wale will be performing Big E’s entrance song as well. There will probably be plenty of unique entrances. WWE has a lot of money and they want to make WrestleMania spectacular.
* There will be cardboard fan cutouts in the WrestleMania crowd. That’s because they are going to have about 25,000 people in the building while adhering to social distance guidelines. The NFL’s Super Bowl in February was also at Raymond James Stadium and they had cardboard cutouts in the crowd as well. Here’s a photo from Rajah.com showing a few of the cardboard cutouts from a distance.
* There might be rain at WrestleMania tonight. The good news for the wrestlers is that WWE can cover up the ring if they need to, but the fans would get rained on. Bring an umbrella or a rain jacket if you’re headed to WrestleMania. Here are two tweets from Meteorologist David Heckard of Spectrum News 13 about the weather situation.
An active weekend ahead:
> Most of C FL can expect isolated to scattered strong storms later this evening. Highest chance is NW of #Orlando.
> All of FL Peninsula could see isolated strong storms during the day Sun.
Wind, lightning and heavy rain are main threats. #flwxpic.twitter.com/fxYVvHY4Cb
— David Heckard (@DavidHeckard) April 10, 2021
Right now, the best chance for storms looks to be right before or at the beginning of #Wrestlemania (6-9 pm) #flwxhttps://t.co/fBUXDt2UJm
— David Heckard (@DavidHeckard) April 10, 2021
The WrestleMania lineup for Saturday, April 10 and Sunday, April 11 looks like this.
Saturday, April 10 – Night 1
SmackDown Women’s Championship: Sasha Banks (c) vs. Bianca Belair – MAIN EVENT
WWE Championship: Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre – OPENING MATCH
Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins
Steel Cage Match: Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon
Raw Tag Team Championships: The New Day’s Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods (c) vs. AJ Styles & Omos
Damian Priest & Bad Bunny vs. The Miz & John Morrison
Tag Team Turmoil Match: Naomi & Lana vs. Mandy Rose & Dana Brooke vs. Riott Squad (Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan) vs. Natalya & Tamina vs. Carmella & Billie Kay – The winners will challenge for the Women’s Tag Team Titles on Night 2. (More teams may be added to the match.)
Sunday, April 11 – Night 2
Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan – MAIN EVENT
The Fiend (w/Alexa Bliss) vs. Randy Orton
Raw Women’s Championship: Asuka (c) vs. Rhea Ripley
Nigerian Drum Fight for the Intercontinental Championship: Big E (c) vs. Apollo Crews
Sami Zayn (w/Logan Paul) vs. Kevin Owens
United States Championship: Riddle (c) vs. Sheamus
Women’s Tag Team Championships: Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Winners of Tag Team Turmoil Match
The hosts of WrestleMania are Hulk Hogan & Titus O’Neil.
CHECK OUT THE OFFICIAL TJRWRESTLING WRESTLEMANIA 37 PREVIEW RIGHT HERE.
That’s all for now. I’m not going to post every single WrestleMania news bit or tiny item here on TJRWrestling. There’s a lot out there, of course. I’ll be back tonight for the review of WrestleMania night one.