Our full On This Day In Wrestling History section can be found here.
2007 – Monday Night Raw was held in Miami, Florida, and on the show John Cena lost in both the opening and closing matches. To open the show, Cena took on (non-wrestler/celebrity/the then Mr. Britney Spears) Kevin Federline in a No Disqualification match. Following interference from both Johnny Nitro and Umaga, K-Fed picked up the win by pinning Cena in the middle of the ring. The main event was a 4-on-1 handicap match featuring Umaga, Armando Alejandro Estrada, Johnny Nitro, and The Coach taking on Cena. Cena lost this match by getting disqualified when he hit Umaga with a steel chair.
2018 – Raw is held in Miami Florida and on the show Roman Reigns retains the Intercontinental championship in a hard-hitting match against Samoa Joe. Elsewhere on the card Braun Strowman easily beats Rhyno then after the match hits a total of five Running Powerslams, three to Rhyno and two to Heath Slater.
To close the show Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman talked about Brock’s upcoming title defence at the Royal Rumble against Kane and Strowman. Kane marched down to the ring and grabbed Lesnar by the throat to deliver a Chokeslam. Lesnar sat straight up and brawled with Kane until they were separated by the entire roster.
2020 – In Jacksonville, Florida, AEW held their Dynamite Homecoming show. On the card:
- Cody defeated Darby Allin by pinfall.
- Riho retained the AEW Women’s Championship in a 4-way match against Nyla Rose, Hikaru Shida, and Dr. Britt Baker.
- Jon Moxley defeated Trent by pinfall.
- Sammy Guevara defeated Dustin Rhodes after a low blow from an interfering Jake Hager.
- In the main event Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) took on PAC and The Lucha Bros (Rey Fenix and Pentagon Jr.) and the win was scored by Omega after he hit the One-Winged Angel on Fenix and got the pin.
Notable Wrestling Birthdays: