There were sixteen WWE Draft picks announced on Smackdown tonight. The 2021 WWE Draft will continue on Monday’s Raw as well.
Here are some of the draft rules as explained by WWE:
– Half of the roster was eligible to be drafted on Smackdown, and half on Raw. Unlike in past years, they did not list who was eligible on each night.
– It was stated that undrafted Superstars will become free agents.
– The roster changes take effect on Smackdown on October 22, which is the night after Crown Jewel.
Every draft pick was announced by WWE Officials Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville. In the last two years, Stephanie McMahon announced the picks, but WWE opted to go with Pearce and Deville this year.
Friday Night SmackDown – Night One – October 1, 2021
- SmackDown – Universal Champion Roman Reigns
- Raw – WWE Champion Big E
- SmackDown – Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair
- Raw – Bianca Belair
- SmackDown – Drew McIntyre
- Raw – Raw Tag Team Champions RK-Bro (Randy Orton & Riddle)
- SmackDown – The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods)
- Raw – Edge
- SmackDown – Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss
- Raw – WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Rhea Ripley & Nikki A.S.H.
- SmackDown – Hit Row (Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, Top Dolla, Ashante “Thee” Adonis & B-Fab)
- Raw – Keith “Bearcat” Lee
- SmackDown – Naomi
- Raw – Rey & Dominik Mysterio
- SmackDown – Jeff Hardy
- Raw – Austin Theory
During Smackdown, Brock Lesnar did a promo saying that he is a free agent thanks to his good friend Paul Heyman. That infuriated Roman Reigns, who told Heyman he wanted Paul to make sure The Usos get drafted to Smackdown when they eligible to be drafted on Monday’s Raw.
It is not known when WWE will announce more wrestlers will be assigned to Raw or Smackdown although it could happen on Saturday during Talking Smack on Peacock/WWE Network or WWE simply announcing it on their website.
For more details on everything that happened on Smackdown tonight, check out John Canton’s Smackdown review on TJRWrestling right here.
As mentioned earlier, the WWE Draft continues on Monday’s Raw.