A top NXT star is getting a big push on the main roster in the coming weeks.
Bron Breakker has been destined for a spot on the main roster almost since he debuted in NXT back in September 2021. The second-generation star immediately impressed with his strength and athleticism, but it wasn’t until he turned heel in early 2023 that his career kicked into a new gear.
Breakker is now a two-time NXT Champion and won the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic alongside Baron Corbin at Vengeance Day. The star also enjoyed a high-profile run in the Royal Rumble — replacing Brock Lesnar.
On-screen General Managers Nick Aldis and Adam Pearce are making pitches to land the star, and writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer confirmed that WWE has big plans.
“Bron Breakker is going to be given a substantial push, as he should, and they are doing the bit where both Aldis and Pearce are bidding for him.”
Meltzer added that WWE will be doing a similar thing with Jade Cargill and leaning on the fact wrestlers on Raw and SmackDown want to face her. This appears to tie in with an earlier report from Mike Johnson which stated that Cargill was still a free agent. WWE originally planned to move the former AEW star to Raw, but it’s unclear whether these plans have changed.
Dave Meltzer Gives Verdict On NXT Vengeance Day
Elsewhere in the newsletter, Dave Meltzer shared his match ratings for NXT Vengeance Day, with the main event between Ilja Dragunov and Trick Williams top-scoring on the night.
- Baron Corbin & Bron Breakker vs. Trick Williams & Carmelo Hayes – Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Final ***1/2
- Dijak vs. Joe Gacy – No DQ Match ***1/4
- The D’Angelo Family vs. OTM **1/4
- Lyra Valkyria (c) vs. Roxanne Perez s. Lola Vice – NXT Women’s Championship **3/4
- Oba Femi (c) vs. Dragon Lee – NXT North American Title **1/2
- Ilja Dragunov (c) vs. Trick Williams – NXT Championship ****