Cody Rhodes Reveals The One Thing He Misses From AEW

Cody Rhodes

Cody Rhodes has explained what he misses from his time in AEW.

Cody Rhodes was one of the founding members of AEW, joining the company as an Executive Vice President alongside The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega. It was Rhodes and The Bucks who paved the way for the company on the wrestling side of things when they self-funded the original All In show in 2018.

That’s why the wrestling world was stunned in February 2022 when it emerged that Cody Rhodes was leaving AEW after his contract expired and he returned to a WWE ring for the first time in six years at WrestleMania 38 where he faced Seth Rollins.

Now speaking on the After The Bell podcast, Cody Rhodes admitted that now he’s back in WWE, he misses having his own office in the buildings he competes in:

“If I missed anything from my time away, and that was such a fun time, the only thing I miss is, I had an office in every building. In that office was some of the most fun, no business was being done, maybe 5% business and Brandi [Brandi Rhodes] was the one doing business, the other 95% of it was me and my buddies, new people coming in, hiding people in there, every week we had the Nightmare Bar. Fully stocked.

“Once guys and girls were done working, I miss that office. Dogs were in there, Little Brodie [Brodie Lee Jr] was in there all the time. I really miss the office. What happens is, some of the guys go to the buildings and they’ll take a picture of where my room was and send it to me. It’s really sad.”

What’s next for Cody Rhodes in WWE?

After finishing his feud with Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam by defeating The Beast Incarnate, the immediate future for Rhodes in WWE remains somewhat unclear as he ultimately still tries to find his way to finishing his story by becoming WWE Champion.

Cody Rhodes will be a part of the Payback event on September 2nd where he will be a guest on The Grayson Waller Effect.

h/t Fightful