WWE fans might have seen the last of Brock Lesnar.
Ahead of the Royal Rumble, it was believed that Brock Lesnar would be making his comeback at the event, but those plans were scrapped on the eve of the show.
The former World Champion was named in a report that linked him to a lawsuit containing allegations of sex trafficking and sexual assault against Vince McMahon. Furthermore, in the days after the Rumble, Lesnar was removed from the WWE Supercard game.
Speaking on Tuesday with the Taskmaster, former WCW star Kevin Sullivan said he would like to see Gunther replace Lesnar on WWE TV, and even challenge Seth Rollins for the World Title.
“I think they’ll have a hell of a match. Yeah, but I think you have to keep going with Gunther,” said Sullivan. “It looks like you’ve lost Brock, who people pay to see. Right now, [Gunther], is the top horse in your stable that isn’t on the racetrack every day and you’ve got to keep him fed and clothed.”
Sullivan doesn’t believe that Lesnar will ever be back in WWE.
“Well, Gunther needs to win a belt. I mean a World Title. He needs to step up because Brock is going to be gone. I don’t think we’ll ever see Brock again.”
Brock Lesnar Not Factored Into WWE Creative
Following the Royal Rumble, it was reported that all WWE creative for Brock Lesnar had been halted. Aside from missing the Rumble itself, planned matches at Elimination Chamber and WrestleMania 40 were shelved.
H/t to Fightful